Thursday, August 10, 2017

As summer break is coming to an end and a new school year begins, I am thankful for so many things. This summer has looked different than most of our summers have over the past 28 years and I went into this uncharted territory not knowing what to expect. This was our first summer that for the most part we didn't have any children at home. I LOVE having our kids at home and I wasn't really sure that I was going to cope very well with them all being away. But it has been a great time of being together with my husband and we have really enjoyed having the time to ourselves.
Us!
 We certainly missed our children....a lot but we have really enjoyed having some time for just the two of us. I'm thankful that we were able to get a small taste of what the empty nest will look like and that there are things to enjoy in the different seasons of life. With that being said, I'm also very thankful that things are getting back to normal. The washing machine is going now with smelly clothes from the boys being at camp....but it makes me so happy because I know they are home!
I am so thankful for each of these that call me Mama.
Our oldest 
Thankful that our oldest child turned 27 this summer and she's been working for the last year at a job she really enjoys. 
Our second oldest
We're so thankful that our son who is a 3rd year student doctor has passed his boards this summer and is now doing his rotations at a hospital. His first rotation is surgery! 
Our middle child
So thankful that our middle child spent the summer in Japan teaching English at a christian school. Even more thankful that she's now safely back home.  Although she just left to return to the university to finish her masters degree. But she's back on this side of the world!

our two youngest sons
So thankful that both these boys spent their summer working at a christian camp. They've been learning to lead and to serve all sumer.  Really glad they are home! Smelly laundry and all!!!!!!! Thankful that the Lord is good no matter what season we are in.

No comments: