Monday, August 5, 2013

Summers are for weddings! 
Our niece, the beautiful bride
We had a family wedding this past weekend. Our niece got married. 
 It was such a pretty wedding held out in the country.
The wedding couple exchanged their vows in front of this huge tree.

Exchanging vows
 The decorations were so beautiful and fitting for a country wedding. Mason jars, lots of burlap, and cute signs set the scene. Absolutely beautiful!
Our middle child
 We even had a special guest show up in the picture below. If you look closely in the middle of the picture there is an alligator that showed up to see what all the commotion was about.
Alligator in the pond
 Of course, no country southern wedding rehearsal would be complete without boiled peanuts!
Wedding rehearsal decor
 Mmmmm, they were delicious. Lots of sweet tea and lemonade were flowing as we celebrated a southern family wedding.
My mother in-law and our younger 3 children enjoying porch and peanut time.
 In my last post, I mentioned that I made handmade soap as wedding favors for the guests. I thought that the display looked so pretty. I hope everyone enjoyed the soaps as much as my daughter and I did making them.  We made a variety of cold processed soaps in lavender, mint and rosemary.
Handmade soap as wedding favors

No comments: