Friday, April 26, 2013

Is it the Weekend Already?

 Is it really Friday? I haven't recovered from all of the festivities of last weekend yet! This week has gone by so fast I haven't even had time to post about last weekend.  We had a great time visiting Laurelwood Plantation and seeing the tremendous amount of restoration and preservation being accomplished. I could hardly believe the transformation of this former slave cabin.

My husband checking out the renovated slave quarters on the grounds of Laurelwood
 Here are a few pictures from the event held at Laurelwood last weekend.

Mike Bedenbaugh of the Palmetto Trust greeting the guests on the steps of the Big House
You can also head over to my Legacy of Laurelwood blog to see more pic's and info.  If you are newly visiting my site, Laurelwood Plantation was home to my Grandparents and to my father and was in our family for almost a century. It is being lovingly restored by its new owners.
The rear of the house
Laurelwood family representation from left to right with the new owner, Seay family descendent of the original builder, the director of the Palmetto Trust and me from the Campbell family
   Our 3 youngest enjoying the hard hat tour
We enjoyed the chance to see the renovations up close and personal. Our children always enjoy the chance to visit Laurelwood and have me talk about my childhood memories being at this home. I am so thankful that the new owners are allowing me the opportunity to experience seeing the renovations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous looking place! Your pictures are great. I hope the restoration goes quickly. It is a timeless treasure for sure!