Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!
My husband & Me



It’s a new year! How exciting! I have so many dreams and hopes for this year. How about you?
It is with great anticipation that my family and I walk into 2012.  Did I say walk? It felt more like sliding into home base!!! Our lives have been in a tailspin for the last several months. (Hence my lack of blog posts.) Along with the busyness of the holiday season beginning with Thanksgiving, my husband was also candidating for a senior pastor position.  Needless to say, life has been a bit hectic as well as stressful as 2011 came to a close.  However, as always, God’s faithfulness to provide, guide and direct us has led us into the year 2012 confident that He is working His plan out in our lives.

On Dec.18 my husband was voted in as the senior pastor at an SBC church in a neighboring state.  Let’s just say I will still be a CAROLINA GIRL even though we will be leaving GAMECOCK country. I will have to get used to saying I’m a CAROLINA fan and that meaning the USC Gamecocks because where we are headed CAROLINA does not mean USC.

We are beyond excited about our new place of service. We look forward to embracing our new church family and to being involved in their lives. We know that God has great things in store for us all as we seek to put Him first in our lives and serve Him.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

That is funny. It WILL be a great New Year!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Congratulations on your husband's new position! How exciting to be moving...so many changes coming your way.

I love the word you chose for this year. I could have also chosen "thrive". Here's to us both "thriving" and "flourishing" this year!