Friday, April 22, 2011

Sewing an Easter Dress

My 16 year old daughter has been bitten by the sewing bug! Waaa hoo!!! I love it!  We have had fun together looking at fabric and patterns.  She has made a few bags and wallets but today she made her first garment virtually all by herself!!!!!!! I stood by for support and answered questions but she did the actual sewing for the most part. I only helped with serging the edges to give it a nice finished look.  We chose the Jamie pattern by Jennifer Panganelli of Sis Boom.
We also decided to link up to our first sew along with Sew Sweetness who picked this great dress pattern from Sis Boom.   We got our dress posted on the sew along site literally 3 minutes before it closed. I think it turned out GREAT!  We are already planning our next project with the Jamie dress pattern.



My daughter modeling the dress she sewed.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Lovely daughter and she did a great job on the dress!