Saturday, April 9, 2011

Relay for Life

I was impressed with the town of Orangeburg Sc last night.  They came out and rallied together in full force to fight the battle with cancer.  We went over to Orangeburg because our son was performing with a christian band that was playing during the event.  It was a perfect night for an outdoor concert.
 I was so encouraged by the atmosphere of the evening.  There were thousands of people but the atmosphere was reverent and respectful with an evening that provided encouragement and hope.
My husband in the peachy shirt getting his candle lit
 We lit candles during the ceremony and everyone was encouraged to walk around the track one time while holding their lit candles.  It was beautiful and very moving.
 I thought of my father, who lost the battle with cancer in 1995. I also reflected on close friends that I have had that have lost the battle as well.  In front of where we were standing was a section of seats that were reserved for cancer survivors.  The section was full of people of all ages and all walks of life.  Cancer is no discriminator of persons.
My oldest son
 I was so proud of my son who uses his gifts and talents to honor and serve God.
My son playing with "True Vine"
The group "True Vine" gave an inspiring concert of songs each filled with messages of hope. Our son is playing the electric guitar on the right.

No comments: