Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"She Speaks"

“I have a squeaky eyelash!” is what came out, but that’s not what I meant to say.  I was driving the children to an activity and my seatbelt kept squeaking and I got an eyelash in my eye. I meant to say that an eyelash was sticking me but instead, to the delight of my children, I said that I have a squeaky eyelash.  My husband and children call these wacky things that sometimes pop out of my mouth unintentionally, Myra-isms. 
    Sometimes when I speak or write, the words don’t come out the way I intended them to.  Have you ever tried to communicate something to someone and you knew what you meant to say but the recipient perceived it in a different way? I think we’ve all experienced that before.  
Proverbs 31 Ministries holds an annual conference called “She Speaks” that will equip you and give you resources to be a better communicator through speaking, writing or leadership.
But this conference sounds so much more than a chance to learn the tools to communicate better.  It sounds like a chance to be renewed and revived and revved up to share the message of God’s love to a lost and hurting world.  
  I hope to attend this conference so that I can better equip myself to relay God’s message.  Proverbs 31 Ministries is having a contest to choose a blogger who will be awarded a scholarship for the cost of one person’s registration for the  “She Speaks” conference.  God knows exactly who needs this scholarship the most and I am excited to see how He is going to work and who is going to be blessed by the scholarship and the opportunity to experience the “She Speaks” conference.  Who knows, it may even be me, the lady with the squeaky eyelash!

No comments: