Monday, November 22, 2010


Last week was a very bad week. Being a person who has never had a cavity or
any dental problems for that matter, I found myself in the denstist's
chair not once, but 3 times last week.
I went to the dentist with a major toothache on Wed. He sent me to an oral surgeon who extracted an impacted wisdom tooth on the same day. The next day was so painful that I called the dentist back and he had me come back in to see him that day. I ended up having a partial root canal on a different tooth just a few teeth down from where the wisdom tooth came out.
If that wasn't enough.......
My story of craziness just gets worse when my daughter calls me to tell me that she is driving and holding her driver side door on at the same time. The pins fell out while she was driving & the door had fallen off!!!
Yep there's more....
The next night at 1:20 in the morning I wake up to a strange hissing/spitting noise. I got up to investigate thinking that it was the heater but as I walk towards the hallway where the noise is coming from I notice that my slippers feel squishy & when I turned the hallway light on I see that I am standing in 2 inches of water with a river of water flowing from the bathroom down the hallway! A hose connection had burst and water was shooting out of the hose flooding the house!!!
Even in the midst of these difficulties there is so much to be thankful for in each situation.
1. the wisdom tooth that had needed to come out for many years was finally dealt with.
2. The root canal was done and prevented an even worse health situation, since this happened I have heard of people who have lost their lives from not getting to the doctor in time. I spoke with one gentleman who said he was in intensive care for 95 days for not receiving proper treatment for a tooth that had abscessed. What a scary thought!
3. My daughter did not have an accident & she didn't lose the door! She kept her calm, held on to the door and arrived home safely!
4.With the flooded bathroom and hallway incident.... well, I am just glad that I woke up when I did or it would have been much worse. As it was we were able to clean it up with a lot of towels and it only got a small portion of carpet wet. My youngest said "Wow Mom!!!! The bathroom floor got really clean this time!!!!"
I'm choosing to look at the bright side!!!!!

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, 18 Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. 19 TheLord GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places. Habbakuk 3:17-19
Photos are courtesy of PhotoXpress

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wow, you handled it like a true Champion! You never cease to amaze me!