Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What a Great Event!!!!!!



originally uploaded by Charleston Southern University.
Magnificent music, seeing old friends and honoring the memory of a great man, Dr. David Cuttino, were the elements of the Cuttino Choir Reunion Concert this past weekend at CSU , (formerly The Baptist College of Charleston) the college that I graduated from.
My freshman year in college, a friend came up to me and said "Hey Myra, I know you like to sing. You should audition for this singing group called "Warm Summer Rain" that is a select group of singers from the Baptist College Choir, The Singing Bucaneers." I had never auditioned for anything in my life but for whatever reason felt prompted to audition and to my surprise I made it and was selected for an alto part in the group. To sing in the group you had to also sing in the choir so I began attending rehearsals for the choir even though I did not sign up to receive any college credit at the time. Our choir director was Dr. David Cuttino. I can honestly say that I am a better person today just by knowing Dr. Cuttino. He had a profound impact on my life and soooooo many others that came across his path.

No comments: