Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I've got the "no-vacation" blues!

Looks like this summer will be a no-vacation summer. Before you feel sorry for me, let me say that our family will probably take several 1 day getaways/adventures. As far as a week long get away, "vacation", it's not going to happen this summer. I have a few moments here and there when I feel a bit down about not going away for an extended period of time. Or I will day dream about places that I would like for our family to go & feel some disappointment because we are unable at this point in our lives to do so.  But I also think that a vacation can be a state of mind! There are MANY ways that we can pause from our ordinary routine to "vacation" without spending a lot of money or even spending the night away from home! We happen to live in a location that offers many area attractions,  like a great water park just minutes away,


 and we are only a few hours drive to either the coast or the mountains. Some of our best memories together as a family have been these 1 day mini-vacations.

No comments: