Sunday, January 24, 2010

I grew up loving music. I remember being very small and when family members got together it usually ended up with someone pulling out a guitar, my sister would play the piano and if we were at my grandparents house, the autoharp would be pulled out and I vaguely remember someone even playing an accordian! Music has always been a part of my life, even though God did not give me the talent to play an instrument, (I am uncoordinated! I can't even walk and chew gum at the same time!), I do love to sing! I am thrilled that our children are gifted musically! Usually at our house someone is on the guitar, the violin, the piano and when child #3 was in the school band, there was an oboe playing. ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I can't imagine there not being music in our home. I am also very thankful that they enjoy using their talents to serve God. Here are 3 of my children singing at church. Two of them are even exploring the idea of serving God in fulltime music/worship ministry!
My oldest son is very gifted with the guitar. He was chosen to be a part of our state 's Baptist convention ALLSTATE praise band. He's the one with the blue electric guitar in the picture. When I figure out how to put a music clip of him playing on my blog you will be able to listen. I'm just not there yet.

No comments: