Saturday, September 12, 2009

Heirloom Sewing part 2

In my last post I gave a little teaser about the Martha Pullen Sewing Celebration that has been going on all week in Columbia. What a great event it was!!! Here is a photo of Martha and a dear friend of mine who is my sewing mentor! Martha was very personable and a lot of fun. She made us laugh with her stories. What inspired me the most about Martha was that she gave credit to God for all He has done in her life and her business. She is a very inspiring lady!

Martha and my friend Deborah!Here are a few photos of some of the items on display. There were a lot of gorgeous things.

Lovely sleepwear!

Here are some adorable garment bags!

Such a beautiful pillowcase with dainty stitching! I love dainty things!

Look at this gorgeous jacket! The bottom part that looks like crochet was actually done on the serger!!!!!
Here is a sweet little baby gown.

I had the privilege of assisting in the heirloom nightgown class. Here is a picture of the nightgown. Here is the top yoke overlay.
Here is the bottom of the gown.Isn't this so sweet and feminine? After being in the class as an assistant, I think I am now brave enough to tackle the techniques used to make this nightgown. After seeing it broken down into steps, it really is not that difficult.

No comments: