Saturday, May 2, 2009

Return of the Slugger and other stuff


Child #5, My youngest, loves baseball. He has played in our community league for several years. Each year he has improved so much from the year before. This season he hurt his shoulder and couldnt play for a week or so. He finally got the clear from the doctor that he could play and Thursday night he finally did it! He hit a HOME RUN!!!! His first home run! When he came up to me after the game, he said "Mama, tonight was the return of the slugger". I guess he really meant it because last night he hit another home run! Way to go little slugger!!!!!!!
Having 5 kids is a tremendous blessing. Not a day goes by that I don't tell God thank you for letting me be Mom to these children. You see, I always wanted to grow up and marry a wonderful man and be a wife and mother. My husband is truly a gift from God to me. I knew the moment I met him that he was the one for me. We went into marriage assuming that we would have to adopt. I had been told by a doctor shortly before we married that I would never be able to have children due to endometriosis. We prayed, and prayed a lot that God would help us to be good parents. Well, I had no trouble conceiving, inspite of what that doctor said. Each child is a miracle!
It's not always easy having such a big family and there is always laundry to do!!!! The older the kids get, the more they eat!!!! But it is a wonderful adventure!!!

No comments: