Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Grace



I am not a big fan of country music(my apologies to all you country music fans out there), but there are some country songs that I really like and I do happen to be a fan of some country music singers and groups. I especially like Craig Morgan and his song that's called "That's what I love about Sunday". My family affectionately calls it "the Sunday Song"! We like to put the cd in on the way home from church and belt it out on the way home. We each have our favorite lines of the song that we sing. My favorite part is "there's .35 cents off of ground round, baby cut that coupon out". The kids always laugh at me when I sing that part!!!! (I do clip coupons, by the way!)
Anyway, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I enjoy the quietness of early Sunday mornings and listening to worship music as we get ready for church.
I love coming home from church and having a big meal with my family. I like to make it special by pulling out the nice dishes and putting all the food on the table with serving dishes and we pass the dishes around. We always go around the table and ask what did they talk about in Sunday School, what did they learn from the sermon, etc. These have been such special times in our family over the years. May today be a special day for you and your family.

2 comments:

V and Co. said...

yes that's what i love about sunday too. thank you for your kind comment on my blog! i hope you come back again! ;)

A Hint of Home said...

I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. It sounds like you have a fun time around the table on Sun and the trip home.